Year 8 Computer Science Projects
Are you a teacher? You will need to create a free account to access the teaching resources. Click here to create your free account (a confirmation email will be sent to you before you can access the teaching resources)..
In Key Stage 3 Computer Science students should be able to use two or more programming languages to solve a variety of problems. Our classroom and teaching resources for Key Stage 3 Computer Science allow learners to explore how to use a range of programming languages covering ...
- Data structures - lists, tables, arrays and variables
- Procedures and functions
- Key algorithms for sorting and searching
- Boolean logic (AND, OR and NOT)
- Understanding binary and performing simple calculations on binary numbers
- The hardware and software components that makeup computer systems
- How hardware and software communicate
- Storing and executing instructions
- Data types (including text, sounds, and pictures)
Assessment materials allow your learners to tackle creative projects that involve selecting, using, and combining multiple applications - across a range of devices, to achieve challenging goals.