it's Learning 365 provides a range of features and resources for the delivery, support, administration and participation in teaching and learning activities. The features include content delivery and collaboration between tutors and learners, such as:
- Content creation or upload
- Discussion forums and chat rooms
- Messaging tools
- Monitoring of users' online activity
Third party software and web services may be linked into our Learning Gateway and Learning Library to provide an integrated learning environment for clients and students attending client institutions.
Purpose of the Site Policy
The purpose of this Acceptable Use Policy is to specify user responsibilities and to promote the appropriate use of the it's Learning 365 Learning Gateway and Learning Library for the protection of all clients.
Please note that users include ad-hoc learners completing short courses and visitors with a Guest log-in.
- Only registered users who have been issued with a username and password by it's Learning 365 may access the Learning Portal and Learning Libraries
- All registered users must agree to this Acceptable Use Policy and any other applicable policies
These Policies cover the whole period that the user is a customer of it's Learning 365.
- On registration, clients may be asked to give their consent to it's Learning 365 processing their personal data and to acknowledge it's Learning 365's Data Protection Policy
Users of it's Learning 365's Learning Gateway and Learning Library must agree to ...
- Not use the Learning Gateway and Learning Library for anything else other than for the purposes of teaching, learning and research
- Not use the Learning Gateway and Learning Library for personal commercial use, for example marketing
- Not use the Learning Gateway and Learning Library for uploading, storing, viewing or transmitting any material which is (or may be considered to be) defamatory, inflammatory, discriminatory, obscene or offensive
- Not misrepresent it's Learning 365 or their own employing organisation or bring it into disrepute in any way through the use of the Learning Gateway or Learning Library
- Be responsible for self moderating discussion forums posts which they may have posted
- Always act in a professional manner. Be polite and courteous to others when using the Learning Gateway and Learning Library. Not use the Learning Gateway or Learning Library to libel, slander, or harass any other persons
- Not plagiarise in submitted postings materials
- Not breach the copyright of it's Learning 365, their own organisation or any third party by copying from materials without authorisation. Copyright of the course materials and content of the Learning Gateway and Learning Library which are owned or controlled by it's Learning 365 unless otherwise stated is prohibited. Any copies of third party materials will be clearly labelled with warnings about any copyright restrictions.
- Ensure that any copyright material reproduced and loaded onto the Learning Gateway and Learning Library conforms with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended) (see - www.ipo.gov.uk/cdpact1988.pdf) or with any licence agreement held by it's Learning 365, or has been made with the express permission of the rights holder. All reproductions must be fully acknowledged. Please refer to these links for information on the Copyright Licensing Agency Licence (www.rgu.ac.uk/library/policies/page.cfm?pge=67908) or acknowledging reproductions. (www.rgu.ac.uk/library/howto/page.cfm?pge=25531)
- Material not conforming to these requirements will be removed from the Learning Gateway and Learning Library
Your Responsibilities and Data Protection
Users of the it's Learning 365 Learning Gateway and Learning Library must agree to ...
- Look after their own username and password. Do not share your password with anyone else who you do not wish to have access to your organisations profile, and not use the username and password of other users
- Keep physical access to the it's Learning 365 Learning Gateway and Learning Library secure. For example, do not log-in to the Learning Gateway and then leave your computer unattended
- Not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any part of the it's Learning 365 Learning Gateway and Learning Library
- Not post material which contains viruses or other programs which may disrupt it's Learning 365's systems
- Not upload private, confidential or sensitive material unless this is authorized
- Keep their own data up-to-date and secure
- Understand that it's Learning 365 will not take responsibility for any loss of information, which has been posted on the Learning Gateway or within a Learning Library once a client ceases to be formally associated with us
Certain activities will be regarded very seriously by it's Learning 365 and may be subject to severe penalties for users, including suspension of use of the it's Learning 365 Learning Gateway and Learning Library.
These activities include deliberate interruption to the use of the it's Learning 365 Learning , gaining or attempting to gain unauthorised access to any part of the portal or information stored therein; unauthorised disclosure of personal data; willful or reckless infringement of any intellectual property rights of it's Learning 365 or third parties; and the viewing, transmitting or storing any material which is (or may be considered to be) defamatory, inflammatory, discriminatory, obscene or offensive.