Exam Style Questions
Check your understanding of threat to data by answering these exam style questions ...
- Identify the type of malware that is a standalone malicious program designed to allow its creator to gain full control of an infected computer.
- How does a botnet take control of a computer system?
- What is adware?
- How can shoulder surfing be used to find out somebody’s PIN number at a cash machine?
- What is grey hat hacking?
- How does a distributed denial of service attack prevent a website from functioning correctly?
Bot malware infects several computer systems. This allows the botnet to take control of them.
It is advertising-supported software that automatically shows adverts such as pop-ups.
A person stands very close to someone using the cash machine. They can see the PIN number as it is being input into the cash machine.
A hacker hacks into a computer system for fun or to troll but does not have any malicious intent. If they find a weakness they may offer to fix it for a fee. Grey hat hackers can also manipulate the rankings of websites when a search is performed on a search engine.
The attacker floods the website with useless traffic to overload it.