Exam Style Questions
Check your understanding of the impact of cyber attacks by answering these exam style questions ...
- How will a DoS attack have an impact on the users of the attacked website?
- What is the difference between identify theft and identify fraud?
- What is data destruction?
- What is the difference between data manipulation and data modification?
- Give an example of the type of data that can be stolen during a cybersecurity attack.
They may be unable to access the website when the attack is happening
They may be unable to access the website when the attack has finished.
Identity theft is when personal details are stolen and used to make a copy of someone
Identify fraud is when the stolen details are used to commit fraud, for example taking a credit card out in the victim’s name.
When the data is destroyed by a cyber-security attacker and no longer exists.
Data manipulation and modification both change data during a cyber-security attack. Data manipulation is usually found very quickly but data modification may not be found for some time. Data modification usually occurs on financial data.
Print out this Page